Hope Barton is open all year round with all the facilities being available.
Our Changeover day is a Friday, with arrival time being 5pm and departure the next week being by 9am. We would ask that these times are observed to ensure sufficient time to prepare cottages for guests.
Dogs are at a cost of £25 each. Please note there is a 1 dog per bedroom policy as stated on each of the cottage information.
Electricity will be charged by the meter at cost price and will be payable on departure.
Initial enquiries should be made by email or by telephoning us on 01548 561393. Our reception staff will contact you to confirm your requirements are available and a booking can then be made. All the relevant information on the cottages can be found online and are best available rates are always available on our website.
Please note we are no longer able to accept provisional bookings.
Hope Barton Owners Association Limited Booking Terms and Conditions 2023
1. These are the terms and conditions (the ‘Conditions’) which apply when you make a booking for a holiday rental of a cottage at Hope Barton Barns (the ‘Site’).
2. The contract of hire is between the lead guest being the first named on the booking form (the ’Lead Guest’ or ’You’ or ‘Your’) and Hope Barton Owners Association Limited (’HBOA’ or ‘We’ or ‘Our’ or ’Us’).
3. HBOA owns the freehold of the Site and each individual cottage is let to a cottage company under a lease (a ‘Lease’), and this booking is permitted under the terms of the Lease but is purely a contract of hire and gives a temporary licence to occupy for the purpose of a holiday and creates no security of tenure. You must not put the cottage company in breach of its Lease by for example causing damage to the cottage.
4. The Lead Guest must be at least 18 years old at the time of booking and have the legal capacity and authority to make the booking on behalf of any other persons who will attend with him (the ‘Party’). The Lead Guest is responsible for making all payments and it is the Lead Guest’s responsibility to ensure that the other Party members are aware of and agree to comply with the Conditions.
5. For bookings made more than 28 days before arrival, a non-refundable deposit of 25% is payable, with the balance being due 28 days before the arrival date. For bookings made on or within 28 days of arrival, the total amount is payable on booking. Your booking will not become effective until we have received the relevant payment due and until we have confirmed the booking to you in writing via email. Accordingly, and without prejudice to our other remedies, we may re-let the property to someone else in default of any payment on time and in full. We also reserve the right to refuse any booking request in our absolute discretion.
6. Properties are not available before 5.00 pm on the first day of your holiday shown on the Booking Form and MUST be vacated by 9.00 am on the last day. Without our prior agreement, only the members of your Party shown on the Booking Form may occupy the property. Properties at Hope Barton are for holiday purposes only. They may not be occupied by a greater number than the maximum occupancy in our brochure or as may be legally permitted or recommended by Government or otherwise notified to you and we reserve the right to refuse admittance to the excess number of person(s) or the whole Party if this condition is not complied with.
7. We provide all linen, sofa bedding and bath towels (except for beach towels and cot bedding which we would ask You to bring with You). Available for hire are single mattresses (including linen), cots, high chairs and stair gates. These should be ordered prior to arrival on the form we will send You in advance of Your visit. They will be payable by You on departure, as will food, bar and other ancillary charges, together with electricity and telephone usage charges which are metered during your stay.
8. Only pets listed on the Booking Form are allowed unless otherwise agreed by Us and an additional charge will be made for any pets allowed on the Site due to the increased cleaning and wear and tear they cause. It is the responsibility of the Lead Guest to ensure that pets are never left unattended, and are kept on a lead on Site, kept off the furniture and out of the bedrooms and are well behaved and house trained. The Lead Guest must ensure that all dog or other pet stools are immediately and hygienically disposed of from grassed and other areas. The Lead Guest is responsible for any damage to property or injury to persons caused by their pets and will indemnify HBOA for any loss or claims in respect thereof.
9. You must keep the property and its contents clean and in good order and remove any rubbish during and at the end of your stay. You are not permitted to smoke or ‘vape’ in your cottage. The Lead Guest will be responsible for any damage, breakages or losses caused by Your Party. We reserve the right to charge for repairing and/or replacing any such damaged items and for any additional cleaning required. The cost of any necessary replacements or repairs or cleaning will be invoiced to You and payable within 14 days. Any breakages or damage must be immediately reported to the manager.
10. HBOA is not responsible for any third party breakdowns, malfunctions or cuts of utility services such as electricity, gas, water supplies, or sewage disposal although every attempt will be made to remedy a problem where possible should it occur. In the case of television and telecommunications (mobile telephone, Wi-Fi, broadband, internet, and telephones) HBOA cannot be held responsible for the services to the properties. While HBOA expect these services to be operating these can be subject to interruptions or poor signal or no signal or reduced bandwidth. HBOA will use reasonable endeavours to assist in an effort to resume or improve service but no refund or relocation will be considered for interruptions or non-availability of telecommunications or television.
11. Whilst HBOA shall endeavour to make facilities and services available such as the swimming pool, gym, play barn, play area, trout lake and grounds, bar, meals, entertainment and other events, and the reception shop, HBOA shall not be liable and no compensation or refund shall be due if such facilities and services are not made available for good reason including (without limitation) maintenance, damage, weather, government advice or legal restrictions, health and safety concerns, and unexpected staff shortages.
12. If you have a complaint you should immediately contact the manager at Hope Barton Barns. No complaints can be considered after departure from the Site if they have not been reported beforehand.
13. The Lead Guest is responsible for the safety and security of Your Party and belongings. The play barn, other play areas, trout lake, pond area, swimming pool and gym need particular attention. Children must be supervised at all times. Neither HBOA nor the owner(s) or tenants of any property shall be liable to You or any member of your Party for any accident, injury or illness of any person or any loss of or damage to any property, however caused, except where death or personal injury is caused by Our negligence.
14. Personal belongings must be removed at the end of Your stay and if You fail to remove them and request that We send them back to You We reserve the right to charge the cost of postage and carriage. If You do not respond to our request to remove them, then We reserve the right to dispose of the belongings and to retain the proceeds of sale and/or donate them to charity.
15. We reserve the right to cancel any booking or any period thereof in the unlikely event of the Site or a cottage becoming unavailable for any reason whatsoever including (without limitation) through flood, fire, unexpected maintenance, disease or suspected disease, governmental or legal guidance or restrictions or any other event outside our control, subject to a full refund of all monies paid, or a partial pro rata refund if the whole of the booking is not cancelled. HBOA shall not be under any other liability if such a cancellation occurs although, if requested, every possible effort will be made to secure a suitable alternative property at Hope Barton. Subject to the above, We cannot accept liability or responsibility for any alterations, delay or cancellation or any other loss or damage caused by events outside our control including without limitation war, civil strife, terrorist action, industrial disputes, fire, sickness, bad weather, livestock, disease, epidemics, pandemics, and acts of any government, or public authority.
16. HBOA reserves the right to cancel Your booking prior to arrival or to require You and Your Party to leave during your stay if You or any of Your Party breach these Conditions or Government guidance or legal restrictions or if You are in breach of any requirements of HBOA or the relevant Lease or the manager including in relation to the Site and its occupation including, without limitation, any unruly behaviour, recreational drug taking, drunken behaviour, damage to property , unacceptable noise or other disturbance caused to other guests or owners. HBOA also reserves the right to decline or cancel a booking (including whilst on Site under a holiday letting) where a Lead Guest or any of their Party has previously breached HBOA Terms and Conditions. In the event of such cancellation or removal from Site, no refund shall be payable and the Lead Guest shall be liable for losses arising as a result.
17. Once Your booking has been confirmed, the Lead Guest is then liable for the outstanding balance on the payable due date. If You wish to cancel your booking (whether due to your fault or not all sums paid by You are forfeited and all balances are payable. We would therefore recommend taking out an insurance policy to cover any potential losses or outstanding liabilities.
18. We keep Your personal data safe and secure. Full details about how we use Your data are set out in Our Privacy Notice. Similar to other commercial websites, this website and the system utilises a standard technology called cookies and web server logs to collect information about how the website and/or the system is used and how to improve them. Further details can be found in Our Cookie Notice. By providing information about You and Your Party (as outlined in the Privacy Notice) when making a reservation, You consent (on your behalf and on behalf of each member of your party) to such processing and you warrant that all information provided by You is accurate.
19. The contract formed when We confirm your booking is between the Lead Guest and HBOA. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms, whether under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 or otherwise.
20. For the avoidance of doubt, these Conditions apply to non-paying guests (for example, owners and friends of owners) as well as paying guests.
21. If You are a non-business customer you have certain rights under consumer protection legislation. Nothing in these terms and conditions is intended to affect those rights.
22. We accept liability for death and personal injury arising from Our negligence or that of Our employees and agents. We do not seek to exclude Our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation by Us or Our employees or agents.
23. We do not accept liability for failure to meet any of Our obligations where such failure is due to events beyond our control (see also clause 15 above).
24. If We breach these terms and conditions for reasons within Our control we shall only be liable for losses that are direct losses and a reasonably foreseeable consequence of such breach.
25. Save as prohibited by applicable law, We shall not be liable whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty, or in any other way, for any indirect or consequential losses including:
26. loss of income, sales or revenue;
27. loss of business;
28. business interruption;
29. loss of profits or contracts;
30. loss of anticipated savings;
31. loss of data;
32. loss of reputation and/or goodwill;
33 loss of enjoyment or amenity;
34. wasted management or office time.
35. Where We are liable to you (save as prohibited by applicable law) Our maximum liability to You whether in contract, tort (including negligence) or for breach of statutory duty shall in no event exceed the price of Your booking unless the Hotel Proprietor's Act 1956 applies, in which case Our liability will be limited to the maximum prescribed under that Act.
36. These Conditions, their subject matter and formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by and construed in accordance with English law.
37. If You are a consumer You and We both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to, Your booking and/or stay at Hope Barton Barns. We retain the right to bring proceedings against You for breach of these Conditions in Your country of residence or any other relevant country. If You are a resident of Northern Ireland You may also bring proceedings in Northern Ireland, and if You are resident of Scotland, You may also bring proceedings in Scotland
38. If You are making a business reservation, You and We agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising from, or related to Your booking and/or stay at Hope Barton Barns.
39. If any part of these Conditions is deemed invalid, illegal or for any reason unenforceable then that part will be deemed deleted and will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining parts. Any failure by Us to enforce Our rights or remedies under these Conditions or otherwise shall not be construed as a waiver by Us of those or any other rights or remedies.
40. All rights not expressly granted in these Conditions are reserved.