Hope Barton is open all year round with all the facilities being available.
Our Changeover day is a Friday, with arrival time being 4pm and departure the next week being by 10am. We would ask that these times are observed to ensure sufficient time to prepare cottages for guests.
Dogs are at a cost of £25 each. Please note there is a 1 dog per bedroom policy as stated on each of the cottage information.
There is a eco fee which we charge per size of each property.
1 Bedroom - £5
2 Bedroom - £10
3 Bedroom - £15
This applies to all bookings as of 1st March 2018.
Please note: As of 31st August 2018, the eco fee described above will be no longer be charged.
Electricity will be charged by the meter at cost price and will be payable on departure.
Initial Enquiries should be made by email or by telephoning us on 01548 561393. Our reception staff will contact you to confirm your requirements are available and a booking can then be made. All the relevant information on the cottages can be found online and are best available rates are always available on our website.
Please note we are no longer able to accept provisional bookings.
1. For bookings made more than one month before arrival, a deposit of 25% is payable, with the balance being due one month before the arrival date. For bookings made on or within one month of arrival, the total amount is payable on booking. Your booking will not become effective until we have received our Booking Form, correctly completed and signed, together with the relevant payment due and until we have confirmed the booking to you in writing. We reserve the right to refuse any booking request.
2. Properties are not available before 4.00 pm on the first day of your holiday shown on the Booking Form and MUST be vacated by 10.00 am on the last day. Without our prior agreement, only the members of your party shown on the Booking Form may occupy the property. Properties at Hope Barton are for holiday purposes only. They may not be occupied by a greater number than the maximum occupancy in our brochure or otherwise notified to you.
3. We provide all linen, sofa bedding and bath towels (except for beach towels and cot bedding which we would ask you to bring with you). Available for hire are single mattresses (including linen), cots, high chairs and stair gates. These should be ordered prior to arrival on the form we will send you in advance of your visit. They will be payable by you on departure, as will food, bar and other ancillary charges, together and telephone usage charges which is metered during your stay.
4. Only pets listed on the Booking Form are allowed unless otherwise agreed by us. It is the responsibility of the first named on the Booking Form to ensure that pets are never left unattended, kept off the furniture and well behaved.
5. You must keep the property clean and in good order. The person first named on the Booking Form will be responsible for any damage, breakages or losses caused by your party. We reserve the right to charge for any such damages. The cost of any necessary replacements or repairs will be invoiced to you within 10-14 days after departure
6. If you have a complaint you should immediately contact the manager at Hope Barton. No complaints can be considered after departure from the property if they have not been reported beforehand.
7. The person first named on the Booking Form is responsible for the safety and security of your party and belongings. The play barn, other play areas, trout lake, pond area, swimming pool and gym need particular attention. Children must be supervised at all times. Neither Hope Barton Owners Association Limited nor the owner(s) of any property shall be liable to you or any member of your party for any accident, injury or illness of any person or any loss of or damage to any property, however caused, except where death or personal injury is caused by our negligence. Nothing in these Booking Conditions affects your statutory rights.
8. We reserve the right to cancel any booking in the unlikely event of the property becoming unavailable through flood, fire, unexpected maintenance or any other event outside our control, subject to a full refund of all monies paid. Neither Hope Barton Owners Association Limited nor the owner(s) of any property shall be under any other liability if such a cancellation occurs although, if requested, every possible effort will be made to secure a suitable alternative property at Hope Barton.
9. Once your booking has been confirmed, you are then liable for the outstanding balance. On the payable due date. If you wish to cancel your booking, all sums paid by you are forfeited & all balances are payable. We would therefore recommend taking out a 3rd party insurance policy to cover any potential losses or outstanding liabilities.
10. In the event of any unresolved dispute between the parties it shall be referred to the jurisdiction of the English Courts only and shall be governed by English Law.
Pre Arrival Information
Two weeks before your arrival date, you will be sent the following information to assist with your visit;
- Directions to Hope Barton Barns - definitely required for first time visitors to this delightful but secluded area of South Hams!
- Requests for grocery and cottage meal requirements for your first day
- Requests for additional bedding, cots, high chairs, disability aids etc
- Booking Form for our Monday supper evening, limited to 34 places and fully booked most weeks of the year.
- Confirmation of final payment.
- Guidelines for dog owners.
For your perfect pet friendly, self catering family holiday or short break in sunny South Devon. Close to Salcombe, Hope Cove, Totnes, Dartmouth & Kingsbridge. Cycle, walk, sail, fish, or just relax in one of our luxury stone built barns or cottages on our working farm. Fresh, home produced West Country farm cooking and a cosy bar. We look forward to welcoming you to Hope Barton Barns!